Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 66 - Reflections

So I'd love to tell you at this point what a stud my new companion is, but he still hasn't made it down here... Awkward... I'm just hoping the plane schedule will screw up way bad when I have to leave so I end up staying here a few extra weeks!

So this last week was just the usual deal: doubled up times and lots of chores to do to get ready for the new missionaries. But you know what? All we really need now is sheets and blankets and we're all ready!

We had some great lessons this last week. I'm gonna miss working with Elder Price. Good thing I might still be with him a while  before the other missionaries finally make it here!

Big news this week is conference on Saturday. I'm psyched. I'll admit though, I totally cheated and I've already read a ton of the talks and I'm listening to it on another tab while I type this. Conference is so great! It's almost like all of those old guys were chosen and inspired by God or something. Pretty crazy stuff. But did I say I was psyched???


This last week for district meeting we went to Tanambao's church and watched a mormon message that I want to say is called reflection or something like that. It's about a guy who's caught up on himself and always blames other people for his problems and is just miserable. Then he finds joy in helping other people. It's way good. And true too, coincidentally. I'm so much happier right now as a help people than I ever was with an iPod and a computer and good electricity and ice cream and fridge that was magically full of food all of the time, and big toilets, and cars, and air conditioning, and naps. Haha had to get my #ThirdWorldProbs in there somehow... It's been a while since I threw that in there. But really. I'm so happy right now and it's because I'm helping other people and it's great!

Malagasy Morsel for the week is Mivavaka in official Malagasy and Mivavaky in Antanosy. I know, big difference.  (It means prayer) But that's some important stuff right there. Like REALLY important stuff. I don't really think I need to say anything more about it actually!

Y'all have a great week and don't forget to be thankful for all the great blessings that your Heavenly Father has given you!
Love y'all!
Tahian'ny Tompo!

No comments:

Post a Comment