Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 59 - Staying in Paradise!

So I'll just hit up transfers real quick at the beginning. I'm not leaving. Elder Price is not leaving. Elder Razakamandimby is not leaving. Elder Tiu is going to Ankorondrano in Antananarivo! That's the area that I left when I came here!!! He's bummed to be heading out of Fort Dauphin, but he's not too sad. He's getting a way sweet area! Then Elder Razafindrasetra will be coming up to replace him. I've only met him like once, but he is a way balling missionary!!!  Elder Tiu and I came here together, but I'm pretty glad we're not leaving together! I get to stay here longer!

This week we'e been focusing on working with members a little more, which meant we ate with members a lot... I'm not complaining! I think I've finally gotten to the point where I love rice. I wasn't excited for that to happen before my mission for sure... In Antsirabe I would say that I didn't like rice, and I couldn't eat a lot. Then in Ankorondrano I tolerated rice and I couldn't really eat a lot. But now I think I can definitely say that I like rice. Someone will ask if we can stay and eat a little bit and my heart just starts pounding like they offered to name their first born child after me... And I like to think I can eat a lot of rice now!

M. and F., the family that got baptized recently invited us to eat with them on Saturday, so of course we politely declined, but they already had the plates all ready and full of rice and everything! They just had a little bit of loaka, stuff to put on the rice, so it was mostly just eating rice plain and a small nibble of meat every now and then, but I could not have been more happy. This family can barely afford to have one lightbulb in their house and here they are just so excited because the missionaries are eating with them! I love these people so much! They liked it so much that they asked if we could come teach them how to do a family home evening so they could feed us again. Some people are just the best, you know?

It's crazy that another transfer has come and gone. Elder Price and I were going through the numbers and we've taught 188 lessons in the last six weeks. Not bad... But you should be expecting big things from Elder Rasmussen and Elder Pearl of Great Price this next transfer!!! Haha

Malagasy word of the day is miveraky. It means to sag your pants. So if you see one of them gangster dudes swaggin down the arabe near you in Fort Dauphin, you just glance over and call out a friendly "ka miveraky ra!" And then he will look up with a smile, call "Thanks man!" and hitch his pants up to a decent height. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what he'd do... That's what I would do if I were him...

But really, I've been having a blast over here, and I'm not going to lie, my favorite thing this last week has been having some soirees with some great families and seeing how they all lift and support each other. The gospel is all about them families, so make sure that you don't take yours for granted! I know I've done that some. I'm so thankful that I was born in the covenant! I've taken that for granted a lot, but after seeing how much the members here are working to be able to go to the temple, I don't think I really take that for granted anymore. I'm so thankful that I've been able to be sealed to my family! And I'm glad that I've got a balling family that I actually want to be with forever!

Love you all!
Mandra-pihaona,

No comments:

Post a Comment